Is the legal profession sleepwalking into a PII nightmare?
Park Plaza Cardiff, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AL
Seminar: Is the legal profession sleepwalking into a PII nightmare?
Will the proposed PII changes achieve what the SRA hope?
On 23 March 2018 the SRA released a consultation on proposed changes to the minimum terms and conditions. The intention of these changes is to reduce the cost of professional indemnity insurance. They hope the anticipated reduction in PII costs will make legal services more affordable for disadvantaged consumers and provide greater choice of legal service provider as more providers will be enticed into entering with legal market due to the lower costs.
This seminar, in association with JLT Speciality Ltd, Cardiff & District Law Society and Monmouthshire Incorporated Law Society, will explore whether or not these outcomes are likely to be achieved and will also explore the impact for exiting firms and the unintended consequences that may flow from the proposed changes.
Join us to discuss:
- Will cost savings be achieved or will it cost more?
- Claims made policies and the impact of the changes (will you still have cover?)
- Will your firm still be able to carry out conveyancing work?
- The impact on firms dealing with commercial clients.
- The unintended consequences
15.00pm Coffee/Tea & Registration
15.30pm Seminar starts
17.00pm Seminar finishes
Speaker: Colin Taylor CIRM, Partner, JLT Specialty Legal Practices Group.
Colin has over 25 years of experience in the insurance industry, and brings with him a wealth of knowledge regarding the professional indemnity and risk management needs of the legal and professional services sector.. He has been:
· Widely published in Managing Partner, FD Legal, Modern Law, Lexcel Link and many other legal publications including Menzies’ - “Brighter Thinking for Law Firms”
· Lead contributor to The Law Society of England and Wales’ publication Insurance matters for 3 years
· Lead speaker at The Law Society of England and Wales’ PII seminars across the UK.
· Lead speaker at the Law Society of Ireland conference and the institute of legal accountants of Ireland
· shortlisted for Risk Manager of the Year at the Institute of Risk Management awards (2011 and 2014)
· speaker to the England and Wales Sole Practitioners Group conference.
Praise for Colin's Seminars:
"I was very impressed with the sessions Colin ran for us: a potentially 'dry' subject was dealt with humour, interaction and a quick pace resulting in the key messages being absorbed by the attendees. I would thoroughly recommend Colin for anyone running risk management sessions for their organisations." - A 15 Partner Law Firm.
Return to Events